- 2022/23 Multiplier frozen at 2021/22 levels:
– Small Multiplier; 0.499p.
– Standard Multiplier; 0.512p.
- 50% relief for eligible retail, hospitality, and leisure businesses for the period 1st April 2022 – 31st March 2023 (capped at £110,000 per business).
- City of London supplement increased from 0.008p to 0.012p from 1st April 2022.
- Extension of the current Transitional Relief and Supporting Small Business Schemes.
- Business Rates ‘Green Technology’ exemption to be brought forward from 1st April 2023 to 1st April 2022.
- Legislation introduced to outlaw MCC appeals in relation to the impact of Covid-19, a new Business Rates Relief fund of £1.5 Billion for business affected by Covid-19 outside the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors.
- Changes to be introduced to ‘Holiday Homes’.
- 2017 Valuation List ‘Ending of Appeal Rights’ confirmed.
- 2023 Revaluation ‘Decapitalisation Rates’ confirmed.
- Potential change to the Central Rating List from April 2023.
- Basic property rate increased to 0.498p.
- 50% relief for retail, hospitality and leisure for 3 months capped at £27,000 per ratepayer.
- Business Growth Accelerator relief extended to cover changes in use and regeneration of existing properties to include installation of Solar Panels.
- Enterprise Area Relief extended to 31st March 2023.
- Transitional Relief to be extended for a further year.
- 2022/23 Multiplier frozen at 2021/22 levels 0.535p.
- 50% relief for eligible retail, hospitality, and leisure businesses extended for 12 months. Capped at £110,000 per ratepayer across wales.
- Changes to the level of Council Tax Premiums for second homes and proposed changes to the rules around self-catering accommodation.